Notebook Ownership Program 2023
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
1. Who is eligible to enjoy the Notebook Ownership Program 2023?
To enjoy the Program, you must be an alumnus of
designated University in Hong Kong (as listed below), register an account at
“Notebook Ownership Program 2023” Online Purchase Portal with
school email address. During the transaction, you will be required to
upload the following document at the time of your purchase for our
A valid University graduation certificate in Hong Kong
Designated University / Schools in Hong Kong
City University of Hong Kong
Hang Seng University of Hong Kong
HKU School of Professional and Continuing Education
Hong Kong Baptist University
The University of Hong Kong
Vocational Training Council (VTC)
2. Can I buy AppleCare+ in separate order?
You must purchase AppleCare+ with Mac/iPad in the same order during Program period.
3. Is there a purchase quota per alumni?
Each alumni is entitled to purchase 1 set of any MacBook Air/ MacBook Pro and 1 set of any iPad.
Purchase and Payment
1. Where can I purchase the products?
You may visit our website https://hkteducation.com/nop/apple/, select and click the button the university that you study to shop the products online.
2. How can I pay for it?
You may select the following payment method:
VISA, Union Pay, Mastercard, WeChat Pay (Hong Kong / China), Alipay (Hong Kong / China), Octopus, Tap & Go Mastercard card, Apple Pay, PayMe, BoC Pay and FPS for payment. Interest-free monthly instalment is applicable to single net spending HK$2,000 or above, customer can enjoy Interest-free instalment with 12 months tenure using designated Bank of China and Hang Seng credit cards (Visa & Mastercard).
3. What should I do if my quota is locked even though I have not placed the order?
4. Can I amend / cancel the order?
Any amendment made within seven (7) days from the date of order confirmation shown on collection note, an administrative fee HK$300 will be charged. Any amendment after seven days from the date of order confirmation shown in collection note is not acceptable. No order cancellation or refund is allowed upon order confirmation.
Goods Collection Arrangement
can I collect the purchased items?
You can select the collection period (estimated time: around 4 weeks starting from the purchase date) when placing an order. The collection date will be shown in the collection note.
2. Where can I collect the purchased item?
When you place order, you can select one of the below pickup locations to pick up your purchased item within the collection period.
Shop 1 & 2 G/F, 1/F & 2/F, No. 22 Yee Wo Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
** Starting from 1 Nov, the order pickup service at HKT Service Centre (Sheung Wan) will be suspended. **
Shop 8 on G/F, Sun Kong House, 2J-2Q Sai Yeung Choi Street South, Mongkok, Kowloon
(12:00 – 20:00)
Mon - Sat (12:00 - 19:00)
* We reserve the right to change the operating hours and pickup locations without prior notice. For enquiry of NOP redemption hours, please call HKT Customer Service Hotline 1000.
3. What kind of document do I need to present upon collection?
You are required to pick up the purchased item on the date and preferred pickup location written on the Collection Note. Please bring along the ORIGINAL COPY of the following supporting documents upon collection for identity verification.
Documents required upon pick up the purchased items
i. A valid University graduation certificate in Hong Kong
ii. Collection Note
4. Can I authorize my family members or friends to collect the purchased item?
If you are not available to pick up the purchased item during the collection period, you can authorize a third party to pick up the purchased item on your behalf. The authorised person must present your signed Authorisation Form, the Collection Notes, and photocopy of your above-mentioned documents and the identity document for verification. The Authorization Form can be downloaded from website.
5. What would happen if I can’t pick up the purchased item during the collection period?
The order will be forfeited if the purchased items have not been picked up within one month from the collection period stated in Collection Note.
6. Can I select delivery service?
You can select a paid delivery service with a delivery charge of HK$150 per order. The paid delivery service is only applicable to premises in Hong Kong. The delivery service is not available to remote or restricted areas (such as Sha Tau Kok) and such other locations as we may indicate from time to time. The usual delivery charge is HK$150 per order, but delivery charge to Lantau Island (except Tung Chung) and other outlying islands is HK$850 per order and delivery charge to Tung Chung and Ma Wan is HK$480 per order. On top of the delivery charge, there will be a surcharge of HK$50 per level for delivery to buildings without lift.
Goods Collection Arrangement during Tropical Cyclone Warning & Rainstorm Signal
1. What can I do if I encounter a Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning at the campus roadshow or collection day?
We will make the corresponding arrangements according to the followings:
Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal / Rainstorm Warning Signal
Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above
1. If the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above has been hoisted before the HKT Shops’ operating hours mentioned above, or the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted during the HKT Shops’ operating hours mentioned above, the HKT Shops will be closed.
2. Until the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 to No.3 or below, and there is still three (3) hours or more before closing hours mentioned above, the HKT Shops will resume business within three hours after the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 is lowered.
3. Upon the announcement of “extreme condition 極端情況” by the Government, and there is still three (3) hours or more before closing hours mentioned above, the HKT Shops will resume business within three hours after the extreme condition announcement cancelled.
Black Rainstorm Warning
1. If the Black Rainstorm Warning is issued before the HKT shops’ operating hours mentioned above, the HKT shops’ will be closed. When the Black Rainstorm Warning is cancelled, if there is still three (3) hours or more before closing hours mentioned above, the shops will resume business within three hours after the Black Rainstorm Warning is cancelled.
2. If the Black Rainstorm Warning is issued during the HKT shops' operating hours mentioned above, the HKT shops will continue to operate.
If you encounter a Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning at the last day of the collection period, you may collect the Goods at the same HKT Shop the next day. The order will be forfeited if the Goods have not been picked up within one month from the collection period stated in Collection Note.
7 Day Exchange Service
1. What should I do if I find defects on the Goods after collection?
Within 7 days from the date of delivery / collection / receipt (or deemed delivery / collection / receipt) (as the case may be, depending on the method of pickup of the Goods) of the Goods (applicable to Mac and iPad only), you may be eligible to enjoy a one-time exchange service if, and only if, the Goods are found to be defective due to the following situations:
o Does not boot;
o No power;
o Battery (if applicable) does not charge or does not hold charge;
o No video;
o Internal input device failure (i.e. internal keyboard not responding); and/or
o Other hardware failure preventing basic operations of the Goods
Please bring the defective Goods to Apple Store’s Genius Bar for checking. If Apple finds the Goods to be defective due to one or more situations listed in above, Apple will issue a Work Authorization Order to you. Any request for an exchange of the defective Goods will be subject to our approval. We will only proceed with exchanging the defective Goods upon your presentation to us of a Work Authorization Order so issued by Apple. We may also request for such other supporting evidence (such as videos and photographs) for our verification.